Wednesday 10 April 2013

Back Up Goalie? I Don't Think So

The Canucks got on a roll tonight in the last 8 minutes against Calgary on their way to a 4-1 win.  This was also made possible by the outstanding goal-tending of Mr Roberto Luongo who had an amazing 40 saves tonight and was quick to read the plays made by the eager Flames.

Luongo was called to start after Cory Schneider was reported to have the flu, which ended a streak of 11 straight starts for Schneider.  Tonight's game made me realize how much I enjoyed seeing Luo back in net. The Canucks have two great goalies and no one else in the league has this advantage. So why not use them both? Seems like it was a great strategy in the beginning. Looked like the pressure was off of both Luongo and Schneider. So my question is why did we stop switching the two?

As far as I can see we need Luongo. When given the opportunity he shows us that he is a star and a lead goalie. I just have more confidence in the team knowing he is here and because any other back up just isn't good enough. No offense Dustin Butler.

You can follow Natasha Collins on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...